Sometimes I go to work and then in the evening I'm going out. I don't have time to go home and change, so what outfit will be both suitable for work and a happy hour or party?
The 5 best ways to flawlessly transition your work look to an evening appropriate ensemble are as follows:
1. Wear a fun dress, skirt, or top that can be worn under a jacket to work. It's easy to then remove the jacket for a more revealing look that is evening appropriate. The dress pictured above is perfect because it has a cap sleeve and can be worn without the jacket at work.
2. Change your shoes- switch out your work shoe for a sexier evening shoe/sandal.
3. Change your purse- carry a small clutch in your larger work bag, and then take the clutch with you in the evening and leave your bag at work.
4. Add a beautiful evening accessory that you wouldn't normally wear to work. For example, a great pair of chandelier earrings, a beautiful statement necklace or bracelet. A little jewelry goes a long way to transitioning your look from day to evening.
5. Update your makeup. Take 15 minutes to refresh your makeup and add a little extra liner, shadow, or lipstick (pick one area of your face to highlight.)